||Bailey's store, Spearwood, 1965
||Perth : Cockburn District News, 1965
||Printed in The Cockburn District News, Vol 2, No. 1, page 1. Photograph taken from hard copy accessed at the State Library of WA in 2018.
|Restrictions on Use:
||Opened by Walter Bailey in 1924 on Sussex Street in Spearwood, Bailey's served a thriving market gardening community with groceries, dry goods, hardware, stock feed and agricultural goods. Later it held the only liquor-selling license in the district. Run by members of the Bailey family since the beginning, the store was moved to a larger premises on Rockingham Road in 1965 under the management of Dolores Bailey. The site is now a petrol station and liquor store just to the south of the railway crossing on Rockingham Road.
||Cockburn Region (W.A.) -- Spearwood
Stores -- Cockburn Region (W.A.)