Title: Spearwood Rovers and Caledonian football clubs, 1931
Imprint: Spearwood, 1931
Notes:
Restrictions on Use: Copyright restrictions may apply to use or reproduction of this image.
Summary: Spearwood Rovers Soccer Club was formed in 1929, and opened their first official grounds on 5 September 1931. This photograph shows the two teams who played at the new ground's christening match, which was won 4-1 by Caledonian. The ground was located near the corner of Spearwood Avenue and Coleville Crescent, and in the background is the distinctive 'belltower' of the original St Jeromes Catholic Church at 10 Edeline Road.
Subject: Cockburn Region (W.A.) -- Spearwood
Soccer -- Spearwood
Spearwood -- Sport
Spearwood Rovers and Caledonian football clubs, 1931

Click thumbnail to view full image

Contact

Address

9 Coleville Crescent,
Spearwood 6163

Po Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC,
Western Australia, 6965

Visit the City of Cockburn homepage