||Woodlands house owned by J.B. Mell, 1906
||Perth : Western Mail, 1906
||Digital copy taken from microfilm newspaper at the State Library of Western Australia in 2018
|Restrictions on Use:
||Copyright restrictions may apply to use or reproduction of this image.
||The house and property known as Woodlands was built in the 1860s by Edward Troode, and sold to John Barker Mell in the 1890s. In 1909 William Watson bought and renovated the house, which became his family's home for decades and the base of operations for Watsonia. The property was located on Hamilton Road in Spearwood, south of the train line, and at the time of the photo's publication Mell's market garden was described as one of the best in the district.
||Cockburn Region (W.A.) -- Spearwood
Spearwood -- Buildings