||Yaralla flats (later Juliet Court) at Coolbellup, 1969
||Perth : Department of Housing, 1970
||Originally published in 'A thematic history of government housing in Western Australia', 2014, p.180, by Claire Menck. Note on photograph states it was taken from the State Housing Commission's 1970 annual report.
|Restrictions on Use:
||Copyright restrictions may apply to use or reproduction of this image.
||In response to a big post-Second World War population boom, the State Housing Commission took over a 5 square kilometre area of land in Hamilton Hill in 1954. Medium and low density housing was built, as well as blocks of flats and a shopping centre. The majority of this development became modern-day Coolbellup. The Yaralla flats were built in the late 1960s and were renamed Juliet Court in the late 1990s as part of a revitalisation strategy.
||Cockburn Region (W.A.) -- Coolbellup
Public housing -- Australia